National Center for Explosives Training & Research (NCETR)
Redstone Military Base, Huntsville, Alabama
For the past 35 years, the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) have partnered to deliver this unique training program. The program provides skill development for both criminal law enforcement and the insurance industry.
This week-long program embraces the best of adult-based, interactive learning. Students from around the world leave with new tools and skills that they can immediately apply to their work environment. A key highlight of the program is a practical exercise that takes small groups of students inside a real investigation to drive through the skill development from hands-on subject matter experts.
This dynamic program will include but not limited to:
- The Internet of Things (IOT). Internet investigation techniques.
- Civil vs. Criminal law. What are the differences?
- Effective selection and use of fire experts.
- Financial investigations.
- Fire Science – ATF instructors. Live burns. Complex burn cells.
- Fire Science and the law.
- Visual Link Analysis. Timelines.
- Case management on complex investigations.
- Mock cross-examination.
Must provide proof of vaccination to get on base.
40 Hours of Tested Training
Upcoming Sessions of Complex Fire Investigation for the Insurance Industry:
None currently scheduled; please call IAAI at the number below if you need more information.